Cut the four legs off the pantyhose. Arrange the legs crossing over each other at the center like spokes of a wheel. Staple the legs together at the point where they all cross over each other.
2. Cut the toe end off the foot of the pantyhose so that all the legs are open at the ends.
3. Stuff all sections of pantyhose with fiberfill. Leave about 6 inches at the end of each stocking unstuffed.
4. Pull the eight sections up and around to the center to form a pumpkin. Hold the sections together with a rubber band.
5. Braid the excess stocking ends together to make a stem for the pumpkin. Hold the braided stem in place with another rubber band.
6. Paint the pumpkin orange and the stem green. Let the project dry on the Styrofoam tray. You can turn this pumpkin into a jack-o’-lantern by gluing on a face cut from black felt.